Stop on by and let me know what you think.
|Official website of romance author Willa Edwards||
I'm over at my friend Tina Donahue's blog talking about how Wandering came to be. How I continued and pushed and persevered in order to get Wandering published and out into the world.
Stop on by and let me know what you think.
A few things are going on for me today in Cyber Land.
First off I'm blogging over at Dawn's Reading Nook, talking about my reunion with an old love, historical romance novels, in the shape of Wandering Off the Path.
I also had my inaugural post on Sweet'n'Sexy Divas. I've been asked to join this awesome group of writers and now will be appearing every 8th on this site. Stay tuned for even more great posts.
And, today is the final day for the 50% off discount on Midnight Mirage. If you haven't already picked up your copy, now is the time to do it. Its never been so affordable, and the story is just as juicy as the full price version :D
It’s a New Year and time for some new resolutions. I know I may have to officially stamp my nerd card by saying this, but I really like setting resolutions. I like the idea that you can try to remake yourself each year. And as a goal oriented person, I love setting resolutions to strive toward for the next year.
Here are the resolutions for 2013, some of them might seem familiar, I’ve strived for a few of these goals every year.
1. Lose weight and exercise more. My brother is getting married this August, and his fiancée asked me to be a bridesmaid. I'm happy to do it, besides standing up in front of the crowd of three hundred in a dress that shows all my curves (including the bad ones) I really want to be in the best shape possible for the event. Then I'll eat cake.
2. Write more and faster. Ideally I'd like to write 6-8 new works (or at least complete the works I've already started). But we'll see what happens.
3. End a series. I have the first draft of Dirty Work, the last in my Naughty Holiday List. I definitely want to finish revisions on that project this year, and sadly put an end to this series and characters that I love. Luckily I think I'll have a few other characters to keep me company.
4. Start a few new series. I currently have a submission out for a new series, and have my Bound By Fairytales series releasing this month with Total-E-Bound, but I'd love to have a few going if I can. I have a few more plans and I'd love to get them moving.
5. Learn better how to focus on writing and not get distracted by issues in the Evil Day Job or fun, like TV, movies and books. I’m not sure how I'm going to accomplish this, but I’d really like to find a way to make improvements.
6. Learn to balance multiple projects better. I'm horrible about balancing projects. I usually just work on one, but then I can have a large lag time between projects as I reacquaint myself with the characters. If I can balance projects better I wouldn't have the lag time any longer.
7. I'd like to read 40 books. I'd definitely like to read more, but I don't want to set an unrealistic goal. And wanting to write more probably means less reading.
So what are your resolutions? Do you have any plans for this bright New Year? What are you looking forward to in 2013?
I'm so ecstatic to announce that Wandering Off the Path is officially available for preorder. This story is my baby and has been such a labor of love. To see it now available for others to purchase is amazing and overwhelming to me. I hope you all will take a look at this story and the gorgeous cover Total-e-Bound created for this book.
I’m back at the Evil Day Job again, and that means my December Close Out plan is over. Just like every year I don’t feel like I did nearly enough, this break slipped by even faster than last years. But I did complete the major items on my wish list. I finished the first draft of Dirty Work and revised, and with only a few hours left in the year, I submitted Reunion Makes Three. I’ll keep you in the loop when it gets picked up and when it will be out.
Not a bad amount of work for two weeks, but I always feel like I could do more. I always wish I could write more, faster, better. I don’t know that I’ll ever get over that. If I do it will probably be the end of my writing career :)
When I look back on 2012 I feel the same way. I feel like I could have done more, but I’m proud of what I did do. I had six releases this year, if you count my self-publish work and free read (which followed essentially the same process as any other work I’ve released). And I have two more under contract, Wandering Off the Path which goes on preorder next week (January 7th to be exact), and Jack the Bodice Ripper that should be releasing soon.
Also this year I’ve done a lot to learn about my writing. I took a dip into self-publishing. I attended The Romance Convention and learned a lot about the industry, some great tips on writing and meet some awesome people. I plan to use everything I've gathered from these experiences in the year ahead to improve my writing and be more effective with my time.
Unfortunately I didn’t make my reading goal this year, which makes me a little sad (I hate not meeting any goal, even if it’s one I’ve set myself). But according to my goodreads statistics I did real more pages than I did last year. When I look over some of the books I’ve read this year, it makes sense. I did read a lot more novels than novellas, especially from my fellow Siren sisters. So maybe it all evens out in the end. But with all I had going on this year something had to give, and apparently it was reading.
And not completing Nanowrimo, while understandable, still bothers me a little. Its rare for me not to complete that goal, though I have yet to sell an Nanowrimo work (though Wandering was a Maynowrimo project).
All in All 2012 was a pretty good year for my writing, despite the craziness and distraction of my everyday life, and I think I’m set up for an even better 2013.
Spicy Erotic Romance Author and Life-Long Book Lover
Get my blog posts sent to your email